|You are invited to participate in the Google Digital Citizenship and Safety Initiative.
Google is working towards imparting knowledge to K-12 faculty members around how to stay safe online, so that they can take the learning to train students about Digital Citizenship and Safety.
As part of this initiative, Google have designed an online course for faculty members from your school to help them learn how to experience a safe and secure digital environment. By reading, watching videos, and doing activities, the participating teachers will learn how to integrate Digital Citizenship and Safety focused activities into your classrooms.
What’s in it for your Teachers?
As teachers, we know the value of good citizenship in the classroom and school community. Because people spend so much time online, it is important to teach your students how to stay safe on the web. In order to become good and responsible digital citizens, students need to practice critical thinking, learn how to protect their information, and have good privacy habits.
· This program is an important step towards ensuring that all students learn, explore and have a positive experience online.
· The online course comprises of five (5) tutorials, along with follow-up quizzes. Faculty members would be eligible to receive ONLINE PROFICIENCY BADGES upon completion of the entire course.
· Participating faculty members will have an opportunity to learn the importance and benefits of teaching students online safety skills.
· Trained faculty members will also learn how they can help their students become good digital citizens.
What’s in it for your Institution?
We would like to seek your help to encourage teachers from your school to complete this course, and leverage their learnings to teach your students how to stay safe on the web.
· In appreciation of your help and support, we will be presenting your school with a MEMENTOacknowledging your contribution towards the success of the initiative, if twenty or more (20+) teachers from your school completes this online training course.
What’s expected from trained Teachers?
Once trained, we expect the trained faculty members from your school to conduct relevant trainings among students from your school. The focus will be to:
· Teach students how to stay safe on the web. In order to become good and responsible digital citizens, students need to practice critical thinking, learn how to protect their information, and have good privacy habits.
· Ensure that all students learn, explore, and have a positive experience online.
To help the teachers train their students, the trained faculty members will be provided with a TRAINING MANUAL, that they can download and leverage to deliver the classroom trainings
Use this link to join the course: https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/digital_citizenship/preview
This is the web blog of Christ Nagar Higher Secondary School. It gives the photos of various activities taking place in the academic year